Tuesday 13 December 2011

BLOG FEATURE/Q&A : KARLA DERAS OF KARLA'S CLOSET

So as I had promised in an earlier post here , this is the little project I was talking about!
I have only been blogging for a couple of months and I was inspired to blog by the one and only Karla Deras. I discovered her blog sometime this year and I must say she is a great influence on a lot of fashion conscious people. She has been running her blog for the past three years and it has grown into a very successful website. Karla has featured in some ads for Olsenboye, Elie Saab, American Apparel, theoutnet.com and she has been featured and interviewed for various magazines worldwide. She has also designed a bag for Coach along with other bloggers and has been invited to several shows such as the recently concluded Victoria Secret Fashion show.
I feel beyond honoured to have gotten her to answer  a few questions despite her busy schedule and I am thrilled to share with you all.In between the Q&A, I shall include some of  my favourite outfits of her's.I promise to melt your eyeballs with an overload of pictures.Enjoy the post!



What/Who influences your style? Vintage glamour.




Any favourite stores and designers?
 I love Nicolas Ghesquiére, Margiela, Miuccia Prada, and Peter Copping. Some of my favorite stores are Shareen Vintage, Hubba Hubba, American Rag, and any place that sells beautiful shoes!



I have noticed you are very fit.I must say I am very jealous(LOL),do you have any workout plans and beauty routines?Readers are eager to hear!

I've actually settled down a little bit since it's the winter season. Lately I've been doing resistance training and spin classes three times a week. I try to maintain a healthy diet and stay away from processed foods- lots of fruit, vegetables, and whole grains.






What kind of food do you enjoy?
I love Italian- tuna tartare is one of my favorite foods ever.





You have the closet that any fashionable girl would die for,do you have any wardrobe staples?
 A well-fitted black tuxedo jacket, gold statement earrings, nude patent pointed toe pumps, and a vintage pair of 501s.





Besides being fashion inclined,have you taken any other courses?
I took a bunch of art courses last year at a local community college just for fun.





I must say,you rock the heck outta everything!:).any style tips for us this A/W Season?






Why thank you! My main style tip is to push the boundaries a little bit, try experimenting and wearing something completely unexpected.







Who is/are your role model(s)?
 My father.






Your blog has given you an oppurtunity to advertise for Elie Saab and Olsenboye.Amazing!what do you see yourself doing in the next five years?any future plans?

I'm working on a project right now that I've extremely excited about and I hope I continue to do a lot more of that in the future.





 .X, Karla
Source for all photos:  http://karlascloset.blogspot.com/

Well thanks a lot Karla for your time.Check out Karla Deras on her blog HERE
Sorry guys for an overload of pictures.More blog features coming to you soon!
Love,
Roseanne,
X





16 comments:

Skinny said...

I love Karla- her style is so classy!!

Roseanne said...

i know!she is amazing!

Jenny said...

aaawee... what a sweet answer to who is your rolemodel. :)

have you seen her makeup video for stylelist?

http://www.stylelist.com/2011/11/04/jemma-kidd-beauty-basics_n_1074137.html

Roseanne said...

no i havent!thanks for sharing!would check that out now.:)

Veronica P. said...

love her style !

Naina said...

What a cute interview, Karla is so amazingly beautiful!

SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

Unknown said...

Oooh I love Karla! great feature! her style is amazing

love from San Francisco,
Britt+Whit

nikki said...

these photos are incredible!!! thanks for the comment on my blog, so happy I fell into your "closet."

xo, nikki

http://carry-on-couture.blogspot.com

Crazy for fashion said...

She´s got great style! I am following you <3<3

Roseanne said...

hey nikki!anytime!promise to keep you guys intrigued!:)

Roseanne said...

thanks for the follow!checking out your blog now!:)

M said...

love it!!!:):)
http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

V said...

What a fun feature. She she pushes the bounderies with her outfits and she always looks fabulous.

-V

http://stylishlyme.com/
PS: Silk scarf giveaway on my blog, please pass by to enter!

Shara said...

nice post dear love it!La Folie 

Roseanne said...

thanks everyone!

Nkechi said...

Wow, you're so lucky to have had her answer your questions! I'm such a huge fan of hers too, she's amazing! And these pictures are gorgeous I haven't seen a lot of them, it's interesting to see how much her style has changed x