Wednesday 18 January 2012

BLOG FEATURE: OPAL STEWART OF OPAL BY OPAL

Fashion blogging isnt  just about sharing your style and fashion related ideas to people.It is also a way of inspiring people to achieve whatever they want to through the posts that millions of fashion bloggers in the blogosphere publish each day.Ever since I came across OpalbyOpal , I have not only been impressed with her style, but also the way she publishes her posts.
The idea of incorporating short poems in her posts is something I havent seen on anyother blog and this is why I had to feature her.
Opal's style is very feminine and chic and it is no surprise that she has been  featured in some magazines such as Grazia UK and Cosmopolitan Russia.She has been blogging for almost two years and through this interview,she shares some details with us.
Enjoy!

Can you give us some background information about yourself?
My name is Opal Stewart and I am  22 years old.I was born in Jamaica and I study Business Management at St. John's University in New York





What/Who inspired you to blog?
I was inspired to start blogging about 2 years ago when I discovered fashion blogs. I saw that fashion blogs created a platform for individuals like myself who are obsessed with fashion to go and share their unique styles and connect with others across the world. It is very inspiring to see how each individual pairs similar pieces and how influential blogging is to the world of fashion. 



I really admire the way your outfits are posted .The whole concept of including  poems is really inspirational.What influenced this style of blogging?
 When I started blogging I wanted it to be about more than just fashion. I wanted my site to be a place where people can find inspiration that not only embodied style but also motivation to go after whatever it is that they are passionate about. I truly believe that words are very powerful so I decided to share with my readers any type of writing from influential people that inspire or motivate me to turn dreams into reality. I specifically choose inspirational and motivational poems to put on my blog because sometimes people just need to see those words.


Where do you usually get your clothes and accessories?
 I really love online shopping because of the convenience of it all, so I like to go on Polyvore.com where I can find just about anything I am looking for as well as Shopbop.com and shopstyle.com. I also get most of my pieces from places like Zara, Topshop, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Mango, Anthropologie, American Apparel and whatever Vintage stores I can find.


I have noticed you have very good skin,what products do you use for skincare?any tips?or are they secrets? ; )
I actually don't think my skin is that great. I have very oily skin so I always go for matte products. I use the Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel for oily skin, Neutrogena Oil-Free cream cleanser, SKIN by Monica delicate oatmeal exfoliator, Clinique Even Better dark spot corrector for whenever I get those acne scars and Givenchy Mister Mat Mattifying foundation primer before applying makeup. 






What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
 I really enjoy reading in my spare time and whenever the weather is really nice, enjoy just walking around the city while doing some shopping. I also enjoy being active so volleyball and bike riding is what I do on those nice summer days.


What designers do you admire?
Alexander Wang, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Givenchy, Versace, Elie Saab, and of course Alexander McQueen. 




Who/What influences your style?
 My style is not influenced by one particular person or thing. Since New York City is such a melting pot, I get my style influences all over the city.



Would you say that blogging has helped you in anyway?If yes,how?
I feel that blogging has definitely helped me with developing my personal style as well as connecting with people in fashion I probably would have never connected with if I hadn't been blogging.


Do you have any advice for fashion bloggers out there who would love to see their blogs become successful like yours?
 Each fashion blogger has their own unique style so I would definitely advise them to stick to that style and develop it. Be true to yourself and your readers will definitely be true to you ;)


This is part of one of my favourite poems she has posted....

To realize the value of one year,
ask a student who has failed a grade.
To realize the value of one month,
ask a mother who has given birth to a pre-mature baby
To realize the value of one week,
ask an editor of a weekly newspaper
To realize the value of one day,
ask a daily wage laborer who has kids to feed
...

Check out Opal's amazing style here
Love,
Roseanne,
X

16 comments:

Ilona de Vries said...

Love the shorts and the last outfit!

Unknown said...

beautiful pics!!!!

Unknown said...

These are some great looks!!! I love them!

Thanks for visiting my blog!!!

http://karinskloset.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Omg love the shoes in the first post!

check out my blog and enter my giveaway

xo
ejc

stilettobeats.blogspot.com

Fashion to Go said...

My god this woman is GORGEOUS

maphi bayolo said...

thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog , and woww i loved this interview so much , she is very inspirational xoxo

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Love her style! So fierce and bold. =)

pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com

Kdotorg said...

Great post! Loving your blog :)
km-iamyou.blogspot.com
x.

xoxo Kellz* said...

love ure interview ...such a great blog xoxoxo

blue roses said...

thanks so much for sharing, i love that poem excerpt as well! very inspiring!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Lenka B. said...

great outfits!

Fashion&Chocolate

Elle ღ

Haute Eyes said...

I love all of these looks! The blue dress and coral red skirt are my favorite pieces! Youre gorgeous! Would love it if you could check out my latest post and tell me what you think! Follow me, I follow you?

xo
Caitlin
http://hauteeyes.com

Wynne Prasetyo said...

wow, she's such an inspiration!

INTERNATIONAL DIGITAL SCRAPBOOK GIVEAWAY

WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

Sandra Leiva said...

I love her style! <3

Roseanne said...

thanks so much everyone for your kindness.x

Corrine McConnachie said...

I really enjoyed reading this feature.

Great blog, check mine out- trendtone.blogspot.com

Corrine